BMC Medical Research Methodology is recruiting new Associate Editors to join the Editorial Board. With the increasing visibility of the journal, we are expanding our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers working in areas associated with medical research methods.
BMC Medical Research Methodology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers all aspects of methodological approaches to medical research, including:
- Methodology of epidemiological research, clinical trials and meta-analysis/systematic review
- Empirical studies of the associations between choice of methodology and study outcomes
- Investigations on how statistical techniques can impact study results
- New statistical methods with applications in medical research
- Quality assessment of data collection
- Approaches to reporting data
- Impact of research methodology and study design choices
The journal does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
Who are you looking for?
- We are interested in researchers who are committed to open access publishing, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 15 publications published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals.
- They should be frequently listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable Associate Editors for BMC Medical Research Methodology must also:
- Support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Medical Research Methodology within the scientific community.
- Provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
What does being an Associate Editor involve?
- The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
- An Associate Editor for BMC Medical Research Methodology should be willing to handle a minimum of 10 manuscripts per year through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
- We also encourage all of our Editorial Board Members to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
- Our Associate Editors will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor of the journal.
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for BMC Medical Research Methodology, and you meet the above criteria, please click here to complete and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.